Monday, July 24, 2006

A few words from Zia

Seems the true name of this Blog should have been Dave's adventures , its just a family visit for me and a coming home. I feel very strongly about home , my family has lived here for many generations during Hungarian times and now Serbia as after world war 2 this area was given to serbia ( then Yugoslavia ) Hungary was torn into bits and given to the surrounding country's only one third of OLD HUNGARY is this Hungary. but enough history .
I watched our old family home get torn down , many generations of Keckes were born there , I was the last . The house was given to my parents by my great grandparents as a wedding present and then to my grandparents when my parents moved to Germany . I spent a many summer there , the horse barn was my favorite spot , seeing it for the last time made me cry. The house was bought by my cousin and he is building a grocery store in its place. I guess I'll always have the memories.
Its great to see every one family and old friends , I am enjoying all my favorite foods , everyone is trying to spoil us , me with meat. Roasted goat , fried chicken with creamed squash is dill sauce. Pasta with cream of wheat served with apricot marmelade.The great salads and fruits....
Sorry I'm not the creative writer I'm having a fabulous time , my family adores Dave its fun to see them interacting with him and of course the creative vegetarian dishes.... sometimes its easier to say why don't you go eat at the Beach.... My Dad is worried that my Mom will make a habbit of this vegetarian cooking even after we leave... " you know its not healthy for a man not to eat meat".....
Till next time Zia

No comments:

Post a Comment