Friday, October 12, 2007

The Adventure continues ... alone

I am excited about this trip for many reasons... I miss my Daughter and granddaughter terribly and also my parents...I need some TLC from my Mom and Dad... I guess we are never to old for that .
Getting ready for this trip was slow ... I had stiches in my finger , a huge sore on my face and new glasses to get used too... Ok so I still managed but not a fast as i had hoped. The souvenir shopping is always a challenge.. what to take... this year Christmas ornaments.. swan figurines for Moms collection... ( she has several hundreds and I am supposed to find one that she doesn't have yet... HA HA HA ) My dad collects tribal masks... yeah another challenge.. at the last minute .. found both.!!!
So ... packed .. off to Seattle .. Hotel .. Airport.. up up and away... landed in Philadelphia ... wanted some cheese steak ... cause thats what your supposed to have there.... Can't have that MAM.... ( read all in the Timing .... you'll understand why that was bizarre to me ) I walked all over that Airport and its a big one... NO CHEESE STEAK!!!!!!!! So I had Teriyaki Chicken...
Flight to Munich was long... wayched the Fantastic 4 movie.. good movie ... Landed .... Baggage Claim... customes... Yippee there was Kyra and Jaden and Kyras friend Katie.... I am so happy to be here .
We grive back to Vilseck ... via the Autobahn.... yup fast ... stopped on Grafenwohr to buy some grocerys and essentials.. then off to Kyras ...
She lives in a really great house.. Jaden and I share the top floor .. Kyra is in the basement.. Living area is in the middle... Stairs are good for you i am told...
Stayed awake as late as I could... 8 Pm... off to sleep... Woke up at 4 ... layed in bed till Church Bells rang for 5 minutes at 5 AM.... time to rise and shine.... watched Tv till Kyra and Jaden got up.... No comercials... well except the AFN ones .
Took Jaden to School .... and then Starbucks...
Didn't do much other than visit till Jaden out of school ... Picked her up .. met Kyras friend Lindsey and her little one and drove to Weiden to go walk around and shop... I found Lederhosen for 99 Euros... Dirndl too... this could be an expensive trip...
Went to a Parfumerie and found a great new scent... Lancome's Hypnose... yup I think I will have to purchase at Duty Free on way home...
Had Dinner at a Pizza place.. yes real italian Pizza.. as good as it was tolk Kyra I needed to go back to noteating Dinner... So starting tomorrow ... back to my plan..
Home ... played online... K showed me all her friends on myspace.. We are going to Lindseys for Jambalaya today and Poker... LOL...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:16 PM

    I'm alread jealous of your trip! Dispite a few disappointments, expecially the 'cheese steak' which I have never heard of before (I know I need to get out of my bubble!) sounds like a wonderful arrival to Kyra's.

    ReplyDelete