Sunday, July 05, 2009

6-25

6-25

I spent a few days out of commission due to illness. Seems like I spent a lot of the last half of last school year sick with something. This is really the first time I have felt 100 percent in weeks. Hmmm, sounds like something needs to change!

Vera, my mother-in-law is now playing the phonetic game with me. Jaden was having her morning bowl of Honey Combs, which in Hungarian phonetics, after translation, becomes Honey Thighs, which I suppose is eventually true.

Today we travel to Serbia. This always illicets a certain amount of tension. Think of it like this: Kishegyes is in a region of Serbia that, pre-1919, was part of Hungary. It would be nought unlike Mexico fighting in a war on the opposite side of the US and ending up on the winning side and being given California as compensation. For most of the last 90 years the Serbs and the Croats have either been persuded by the iron fist of Tito not to kill each other off or, more recently, making up for lost time. Now that most of that stuff has kind of worked its self out, they can start on the foreigners. Z told me a story recently a rather scary tale about a buisness man in Beograde involving an abduction and torture. (Ask us about it sometime, we'll fill in the details.) A place where this happens is a little worrysome.

I eveidently am still fighting my bug, as I am spending a lot of this trip asleep in the back seat, so I can't tell you much about it other than we traveled far by car, and, at some point, arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment